Sarai Hannah Ajai PUBLIC REDACTED INCIDENT REPORT Suspected Missing, Misdelivered, or Unlawfully Interfered-With Official State Government Mail During USPS Delivery
PUBLIC REDACTED INCIDENT REPORT
Suspected Missing, Misdelivered, or Unlawfully Interfered-With Official State Government Mail During USPS Delivery
Reporting Party: Sarai Hannah Ajai
Date of Initial USPS Notification: September 21, 2026
Dates Residential Mail Receptacle Checked: September 21–22, 2026
Location: [REDACTED — RESIDENTIAL LOCATION]
Mailpiece Involved: Official correspondence from [STATE SECRETARY OF STATE]
Carrier / Postal System: United States Postal Service
USPS Service Evidence: USPS Informed Delivery
Date Report Prepared: September 24, 2026
1. Purpose of Report
I, Sarai Hannah Ajai, am preparing this public redacted incident report to document the circumstances surrounding an official mailpiece originating from a state Secretary of State office that appeared in my USPS Informed Delivery account for anticipated delivery but was not found in my assigned residential mail receptacle when I inspected it.
On the morning of September 21, 2026, USPS Informed Delivery electronically notified me that one mailpiece was expected. The USPS email was transmitted at approximately 7:14 a.m. and stated that I had one mailpiece and zero inbound packages arriving soon.
The mailpiece image displayed within the USPS Informed Delivery communication depicts correspondence from a state Secretary of State office and identifies the envelope as official state government mail.
Despite the USPS automated processing record showing the mailpiece, I did not find the government correspondence in my assigned residential mail receptacle when I inspected it.
I subsequently inspected the mail receptacle again and received other mail delivered through USPS, but the Secretary of State correspondence remained absent.
I am therefore documenting the event as a missing official government mail incident involving possible misdelivery, nondelivery, unauthorized access, or theft.
At this time, I cannot independently establish which of those possibilities occurred. I am not identifying any particular USPS employee, resident, tenant, property employee, or other individual as responsible unless objective evidence establishes responsibility.
2. USPS Informed Delivery Notification — September 21, 2026
On September 21, 2026, at approximately 7:14 a.m., I received an email notification from USPS Informed Deliverywith the subject:
“Your Daily Digest for Mon, 9/21 is ready to view.”
The notification was sent to my personal email account, which has been redacted from the public version of this report.
The USPS communication stated:
- 1 mailpiece
- 0 packages
- mail arriving soon; and
- the mailpiece was listed under the expected-mail portion of the notification.
The electronic record identifies the communication as originating from USPS Informed Delivery and records the transmission time as approximately 7:14 a.m. on September 21, 2026.
The Informed Delivery image depicts an envelope originating from:
[STATE SECRETARY OF STATE — REDACTED FOR PUBLICATION]
The envelope was visibly identified as official state government correspondence.
I am preserving the original USPS email and its embedded mailpiece image in my private evidentiary records because the image indicates that the envelope passed through USPS automated mail-processing equipment before anticipated delivery.
The original report describes the Informed Delivery image and its state-government origin in detail.
3. Nature of the State Government Mailpiece
The mailpiece at issue was not ordinary unsolicited advertising.
The USPS Informed Delivery image depicts correspondence originating from an official state government office, specifically a Secretary of State office.
Because the correspondence was official government mail addressed for delivery to me at my established residential address, I considered the mailpiece potentially important and expected it to be delivered through my normal USPS residential delivery process.
I do not presently know the precise substantive contents of the envelope because the physical mailpiece has not entered my possession.
Accordingly, this report does not speculate about the contents of the government correspondence beyond what can objectively be established from the USPS Informed Delivery image.
The source report expressly states that the contents could not be independently determined because the envelope was never physically received.
4. Continuous Residence and Continuous USPS Delivery Address
I have continuously maintained my residential mailing address at my current residence and assigned residential mail receptacle.
For public safety and privacy, the following information has been redacted from this publication:
[REDACTED — STREET ADDRESS]
[REDACTED — APARTMENT/UNIT NUMBER]
[REDACTED — MAILBOX NUMBER]
[REDACTED — CITY]
[REDACTED — STATE]
[REDACTED — ZIP CODE]
During the period relevant to this incident, I had not requested, authorized, or initiated any USPS mail hold, mail-forwarding instruction, change-of-address order, address transfer, discontinuation of residential delivery, or other voluntary interruption of USPS mail delivery from my established address.
I had not stopped my USPS residential address service.
I had not requested that USPS hold my residential mail.
I had not transferred my residential mailing address elsewhere.
I had not submitted instructions directing USPS to forward my mail to another location.
I had not voluntarily suspended delivery to my assigned residential mail receptacle.
To my knowledge, my established USPS residential delivery location remained unchanged throughout the period covered by this report.
This fact is material because the absence of the government envelope should not, based upon any action knowingly taken by me, be explained by a voluntary USPS forwarding request, mail hold, address transfer, or voluntary interruption of delivery.
The original report makes this continuous-service statement expressly.
5. First Inspection of Residential Mail Receptacle
On September 21, 2026, I inspected my assigned residential mail receptacle at approximately 5:09 p.m.
The exact mailbox number and physical location have been redacted for public publication.
I physically opened the mail receptacle and examined its contents.
The state government envelope depicted in the USPS Informed Delivery notification was not present.
I photographed the residential mail receptacle during this inspection.
That photograph is preserved privately as Exhibit B1.
The photograph documents the interior and surrounding physical condition of the mail area at approximately the time I conducted the inspection.
I did not recover the government mailpiece during that inspection.
6. Continued Absence of the Government Mailpiece
After the first inspection, I continued to monitor my mail because USPS Informed Delivery advises customers that a mailpiece appearing in a Daily Digest may arrive after the electronic notification.
I therefore did not rely solely upon the September 21 inspection.
I conducted another inspection of my assigned residential mail receptacle on the following day.
7. Second Residential Mail Inspection — September 22, 2026
On September 22, 2026, at approximately 9:16 p.m., I again inspected my assigned residential mail receptacle.
During that inspection, I found two other pieces of mail.
Those mailpieces were physically present and available for me to retrieve.
However, the official state government envelope displayed in my September 21 USPS Informed Delivery notification was not among those items.
I photographed the contents of the mail receptacle during this inspection.
That photograph is preserved privately as Exhibit B2.
The photograph is significant because it documents that subsequent mail was physically reaching my assigned residential delivery location while the previously identified state government mailpiece remained absent.
The underlying report documents both the second inspection and receipt of two other mailpieces.
8. Subsequent USPS Mail Delivery Activity
My email records also contain subsequent USPS Informed Delivery correspondence relating to mail activity on September 22, 2026.
One preserved screenshot shows a USPS Informed Delivery message stating:
“Your Mail Was Delivered Tue, Sep 22.”
I am preserving this subsequent USPS communication privately as Exhibit A3.
I am also preserving a screenshot showing the September 21 USPS Daily Digest and subsequent USPS communications as Exhibit A2.
For public publication, personal email addresses, account identifiers, residential details, and unrelated email information appearing within those screenshots should be redacted before the exhibits are posted.
These records are relevant because they document continued USPS activity associated with my established residential delivery account during the period when the government correspondence remained missing.
9. Distinction Between Informed Delivery Processing and Physical Delivery
I recognize an important evidentiary distinction concerning USPS Informed Delivery.
The appearance of a mailpiece in an Informed Delivery Daily Digest does not, standing alone, conclusively establish that the individual envelope was physically placed into the recipient's mailbox.
USPS explains that Informed Delivery images represent mailpieces processed through automated equipment and that some mail may arrive later than the associated notification.
For that reason, I am not representing the September 21 electronic image alone as definitive proof that the government envelope entered my residential mail receptacle.
The evidence presently establishes, however, that:
- USPS automated processing generated an image of the state government mailpiece associated with my delivery;
- USPS notified me electronically of the mailpiece;
- I maintained the same residential delivery address;
- I had not initiated a forwarding order, mail hold, transfer, or voluntary interruption of service;
- I inspected my assigned residential mail receptacle;
- I did not find the identified government correspondence;
- I inspected the delivery location again the following day;
- other mailpieces were present during the subsequent inspection; and
- the government mailpiece remained absent.
These circumstances are the basis for this report.
The original report expressly makes this evidentiary distinction.
10. Absence of a Known Change-of-Address or Mail-Hold Explanation
I specifically document that I had taken no voluntary USPS account action that I understand would redirect or suspend delivery of the government correspondence.
I did not request that the mailpiece be delivered to another residential address.
I did not initiate a temporary mail hold.
I did not request forwarding.
I did not request a permanent change of address.
I did not authorize a temporary change of address.
I did not request that my established residential mail receptacle stop receiving mail.
I continued receiving mail at the same delivery location.
The delivery of other mailpieces during the same general period is consistent with continued USPS service to my residence.
I therefore request that USPS verify whether its internal records reflect any forwarding instruction, hold request, address modification, delivery-point change, or other routing instruction associated with my account that I did not initiate.
If any such record exists, I request preservation of the originating date, method, authorization record, and available account-access information.
11. Nature of the Concern
The principal concern documented by this report is the unexplained absence of an official state government mailpiece after USPS automated equipment photographed it for Informed Delivery.
Possible explanations requiring review include:
- delayed delivery;
- sorting or routing error;
- misdelivery to another mailbox or address;
- failure to complete delivery;
- placement into an incorrect mail receptacle;
- unauthorized access to the intended mail receptacle;
- interception after USPS processing;
- theft following delivery; or
- another postal or residential-mail irregularity.
I am not presently claiming that the available evidence conclusively establishes which of these events occurred.
I am also not presently accusing a specific individual of taking the mailpiece.
The purpose of this report is to preserve the facts and request an evidence-based determination.
The source incident report uses the same distinction between possible explanations and established facts.
12. Concern Regarding Official Government Correspondence
The missing item is particularly concerning because the USPS image identifies the sender as an official state Secretary of State office.
Official government correspondence can contain information concerning governmental filings, registrations, notices, administrative matters, statutory requirements, deadlines, confirmations, or other matters requiring action by an intended recipient.
Because I did not receive the envelope, I cannot independently determine its contents from the exterior USPS image alone.
I am therefore concerned not only about the physical absence of the mailpiece but also about the possibility that the missing correspondence could interfere with my ability to receive and respond to official government communications.
I request that this circumstance be considered when the matter is reviewed.
13. Requested USPS and Investigative Review
I respectfully request that USPS, the United States Postal Inspection Service, or another agency with appropriate authority preserve and examine available records concerning this mailpiece and my delivery point.
For purposes of this public copy, identifying address and route details have been redacted.
Where legally and technically available, I request review of:
- USPS processing records relating to the state-government envelope depicted in the September 21 Informed Delivery image;
- the facility at which the Informed Delivery image was generated;
- mail-sorting and processing records;
- destination routing information;
- carrier-route information associated with [REDACTED RESIDENTIAL LOCATION];
- delivery sequencing records;
- delivery-point information associated with [REDACTED MAIL RECEPTACLE IDENTIFIER];
- available handheld scanner or carrier-device records relevant to that route and date;
- records showing whether the government envelope was placed into the delivery sequence;
- records of mail that could not be delivered or was returned;
- misdelivery reports associated with [REDACTED RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY/ROUTE];
- USPS forwarding records associated with my address;
- USPS mail-hold records associated with my address;
- USPS change-of-address records associated with my address;
- any record showing an alteration to my established delivery instructions;
- information showing whether any such request was submitted electronically, physically, or through another method;
- available USPS facility surveillance concerning relevant processing, if retained;
- carrier notes or exception records for the relevant delivery date;
- records identifying whether the mailpiece was returned to USPS custody after attempted delivery; and
- any other available information capable of determining the final disposition of the mailpiece.
14. Requested Verification of Address-Control Records
Because I did not request a mail hold, forwarding order, address transfer, or interruption of service, I specifically request confirmation as to whether USPS records show any such activity.
If USPS records indicate that an address-related request was submitted without my knowledge, I request preservation of all available information relating to that transaction, including, where applicable:
- date and time submitted;
- type of request;
- effective date;
- destination address;
- submission channel;
- available transaction identifier;
- identity-verification method;
- associated electronic-access information where lawfully retained;
- originating postal facility if submitted physically;
- payment information if a fee was associated with the request; and
- any record showing how the request was authenticated.
I make this request because I affirm that I did not knowingly authorize such a change.
The original report contains this requested verification and preservation language.
15. Preservation of Electronic Evidence
I am preserving the electronic records associated with this incident.
The preserved evidence includes:
- the original USPS Informed Delivery communication;
- screenshots of subsequent USPS communications; and
- photographs documenting my residential mail inspections.
The September 21 USPS communication records the email transmission at approximately 7:14 a.m. and identifies one mailpiece as arriving soon.
USPS information contained in the communication explains that Informed Delivery images concern pieces processed by USPS automated equipment.
These records should therefore be evaluated together with USPS internal operational records rather than interpreting the Daily Digest image alone as proof of final physical delivery.
The full-resolution originals will remain in my private evidentiary records. Public copies should contain privacy redactions.
16. Public Evidence / Exhibit Index
Exhibit A1 — USPS Informed Delivery Daily Digest, September 21, 2026
Preserved USPS email titled:
“Your Daily Digest for Mon, 9/21 is ready to view.”
The communication was transmitted at approximately 7:14 a.m. and states that one mailpiece was arriving soon.
The second page contains an Informed Delivery image depicting an envelope from a state Secretary of State office.
Public Redactions Required
- recipient street address;
- apartment or unit number;
- residential mailbox number;
- city;
- state;
- ZIP code;
- personal email address;
- USPS routing identifiers that disclose residential location;
- machine-readable barcodes or codes containing address information; and
- unrelated private account information.
Exhibit A2 — Email Inbox Screenshot
Screenshot preserving the email inbox and USPS Informed Delivery correspondence associated with the September 21–22 period.
Public Redactions Required
- personal email address;
- account avatar or identifying account information where appropriate;
- unrelated email subject lines;
- financial institution messages;
- account balances;
- account suffixes;
- authentication/security messages;
- medical information;
- other individuals' information; and
- any other unrelated private inbox content.
For the screenshot you previously uploaded, I strongly recommend cropping it to the USPS rows rather than publishing the entire inbox. The screenshot contains unrelated messages and potentially sensitive account information that has no evidentiary value for a public report.
Exhibit A3 — Subsequent USPS Delivery Notification Screenshot
Screenshot showing subsequent USPS correspondence with the subject:
“Your Mail Was Delivered Tue, Sep 22.”
Public Redactions Required
- personal email address;
- unrelated inbox messages;
- location information;
- account identifiers; and
- other private information.
Exhibit B1 — First Residential Mail Inspection
Photograph documenting my first inspection of my assigned residential mail receptacle.
The state-government envelope depicted in USPS Informed Delivery was not found during this inspection.
Public Redactions Required
The public photograph should obscure:
- mailbox number;
- handwritten resident name;
- neighboring unit or mailbox numbers;
- building-identifying labels;
- keys or security devices where visible;
- barcodes or address labels on mailpieces;
- addresses visible on envelopes; and
- distinctive information capable of identifying the residential building.
Exhibit B2 — Second Residential Mail Inspection
Photograph documenting two other mailpieces inside my assigned residential mail receptacle during the subsequent inspection.
The state-government envelope depicted in the September 21 USPS communication was not among those mailpieces.
Public Redactions Required
The public copy should obscure:
- mailbox number;
- resident name;
- addresses;
- names of unrelated senders if not relevant;
- postal barcodes;
- neighboring mailbox information;
- security hardware details; and
- other information capable of identifying the residential location.
17. Relationship Between the Exhibits
The exhibits should be evaluated chronologically rather than individually.
Exhibit A1 documents USPS automated processing and notice of the state-government correspondence.
Exhibit B1 documents my first physical inspection and the absence of that mailpiece.
Exhibits A2 and A3 document continuing USPS electronic activity.
Exhibit B2 documents subsequent physical mail present at the residential delivery location while the state-government envelope remained absent.
Together, these records establish a sequence warranting investigation into the final disposition of the correspondence.
They do not, standing alone, identify the person or event responsible for its absence.
18. Prior and Continuing USPS Service
My continued receipt of other USPS mail is relevant because it demonstrates that my residence continued functioning as an active delivery destination.
I had not abandoned the address.
I had not discontinued USPS service.
I had not transferred my residential mailing address.
I had not requested that incoming mail be held elsewhere.
I continued to access and inspect my assigned residential mail receptacle.
Accordingly, the state-government correspondence should be investigated as an individual missing-mail event or delivery irregularity rather than presumed to have been redirected because of a voluntary address action on my part.
19. No Attribution of Responsibility Without Evidence
I am intentionally distinguishing the evidence presently available from conclusions requiring investigation.
The evidence available to me establishes that the state-government mailpiece entered USPS automated processing sufficiently for an Informed Delivery image to be generated.
The evidence also establishes that I did not find that mailpiece during my documented residential mail inspections.
I cannot presently establish from my own evidence:
- precisely where the envelope was after USPS automated processing;
- whether it reached the final carrier;
- whether it was placed into my assigned mail receptacle;
- whether it was accidentally placed into another mailbox;
- whether it remained within USPS custody;
- whether another person obtained access to it; or
- whether an intentional theft occurred.
Those are investigative questions.
I am reporting the matter so that records capable of resolving those questions can be identified and preserved.
The source report similarly states that the evidence does not identify the person or event responsible for the mailpiece's absence.
20. Requested Agency Action
I respectfully request that an appropriate USPS or law-enforcement authority:
- record the state-government correspondence as reported missing;
- determine whether USPS records establish its final processing and delivery disposition;
- determine whether a carrier delivery sequence included the mailpiece;
- determine whether any delivery exception was recorded;
- determine whether the item was returned, rerouted, missorted, or otherwise retained within the postal system;
- determine whether any unauthorized forwarding, address modification, or mail hold appears in USPS records;
- preserve records that may otherwise be routinely overwritten;
- advise whether a formal mail-theft complaint or additional Postal Inspection Service documentation is appropriate;
- advise whether the originating state office should be contacted for replacement correspondence; and
- provide any incident or case-reference number generated from this report.
21. Preservation Request
Because electronic, routing, scanner, facility, and surveillance records may be retained for limited periods, I respectfully request reasonable preservation of records relevant to the September 21–22, 2026 period.
I make this request so that objective evidence can be reviewed before potentially relevant records become unavailable through normal data-retention practices.
I am preserving my own copies of the available evidence identified above.
22. Declaration
I am submitting this public redacted report to document my observations, actions, USPS electronic records, residential mail inspections, and concerns concerning official state-government correspondence depicted in my September 21, 2026 USPS Informed Delivery Daily Digest.
I affirm that during the period relevant to this incident, I did not knowingly request or authorize a USPS mail hold, mail-forwarding instruction, residential address transfer, change-of-address request, suspension of delivery, or discontinuation of service affecting my established residential mailing address.
I received other mail through the same residential delivery system during the relevant period.
The government envelope shown through USPS Informed Delivery was not found during my documented inspections.
Where I have described matters that I personally observed, I have identified them as observations.
Where I have described possible explanations—including misdelivery, nondelivery, unauthorized access, interception, or theft—I am identifying those matters as possibilities requiring investigation rather than established facts.
I respectfully request that appropriate authorities review and preserve available evidence and determine, to the extent possible, the final disposition of the official government mailpiece.
Submitted by:
Sarai Hannah Ajai
Date: September 24, 2026









Comments
Post a Comment